Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Thinking About Assessment
So what if assessment becomes a way of thinking about our thinking, of documenting where we have been and making plans about where we are going. What if we moved our thinking from a focus on the individual to the group--not group assessment like group A gets one grade and writes one paper--but group meaning--how did our being together during this time impact your thinking and how did you contribute to others in this group. Is there a way to move assessment from a focus on the individual to a focus on the collective. Need to think about this some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this idea, Lil! I'm excited about the ways we have made meaning together. Like Megan commented on my post, we've done so much as a community, that it felt like it almost discounted it to come up with a solitary reflection independent of each other. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we come up with :)
ReplyDelete